- All-Church Mission Study Retreat
- On Jan. 11th, from 9:30-1:00pm at Old First Presbyterian Church, we will have an all-church retreat led by Jeanne Choy Tate. This is an important part of the mission study process and we welcome your participation, so please save the date!
- Equal Opportunity
- On Sundays we schedule a person to read scripture, one to set-up the coffee and pass the offering plate, and one person to clean-up after the coffee time. Five people commit to the same Sunday of the month every month, leaving the second Sunday for set-up and clean-up and the 3rd Sunday for set-up to be filled. The January schedule is open for sign up now (talk with Margaret Bean or one of the other Deacons.) Perhaps you might feel moved to commit to the same spot every month.
- Brian McLaren at Presbyterian Educators Event
- Noted pastor, author, activist and speaker Brian McLaren is a prominent voice in the Emerging Church movement. He will be the keynote speaker for the Association of Presbyterian Educators in San Jose from Jan.29th-Feb.1st. For more info see apcenet.org
- Mission Study Mini-Meetings in December
- On December 8th and 15th, Jeanne Choy-Tate and the Mission Study group will be leading short meetings right after church. Please plan on staying for both of these important gatherings - every voice is important in these discussions. Thank you.
- To Help Victims of Typhoon Haiyan
- Consider donating to organizations like Presbyterian Disaster Assistance, which works for long-term recovery efforts in co-operation with other organizations on the ground - long after the news cameras and the eyes of the world have turned elsewhere. http://www.presbyterianmission.org/ministries/pda/
- Annual Christmas Party
- Save the date for the annual Christmas party on December 14th, 2013, 5:30pm at Carol Maerske’s! More info to follow later.